Combines Allis TRACTOR part help

T__langan

Wow, that $1700 sends shivers up my spine! We almost busted our frame on our 7085 back in '93. That was the real wet year here in the Midwest when the Mississippi flooded - all that water came from up here. We had 1_4 of a 20 acre field that we couldn't get in to because it was low. We used a neighbor's 2 bottom JD plow and mounted it on the 7085 because it is light with no fluid and has fwa. I got in there, moving right along and all of a sudden hit standing water and sunk. I had my Pa bring the 8010 out and all the chains we had to reach me while he stayed on some fairly dry gound. He ended up jerking the chain, it snapped, and flew back at the grill of the 7085. It bashed the screen in, broke both headlights and took a few knicks out of that frame. Our older 6265 has a steel frame - wonder why they went to the cheaper fiberglassIJ For what those things cost, maybe a guy should fabricate a steel grill gaurd for those tractors. We made one for our 8010 we had - it bolted right to the front weight rack. The 8010 grill frames were fiberglass too. I wonder if there are many of those older Deutzs in scrap yards yet that a guy could take a frame off of to have a spare aroundIJ Tom langan