Combines Baing behind high capacity combines

tobaboy

last year we didn't get any rain for two months, so in other words it was very dry, however people were still able to bale behind our 480.

Old_pokey

I'm not sure I fully understand the question, but if you are asking about baling behind a rotory versus a conventional, then I've seen some trouble with round bales when the straw is chewed up too much. The rotory type will break the straw considerably more. How many blanks are you running in the concaveIJ If you're running a small wire grain concave and all the wires are still in, you should'nt have to run many blanks with 4' of straw. The fewer blanks, the less grain makes it to the walkers.

Minto

Would they have been able to bale everthing,wheat and barley What kind of balerIJ Do you Know if the 460 conventional Cat is much more capacity from a JD9610 or much smaller than your 480 Thanks

twin_spinner

went to a blokes place over in Western Australia and he runs 3 , 480r lexions and tows a big square baler behind each one. he has converted the balers so that he got rid of the pickup and extended the drawbar and put a conveyer on it so that it goes underneath the back of the header so that every thing that comes out the back gets baled up. Very clever although cost a lot to set up, idea is to bale up weeds and straw and sell of farm.

cat_man

I have baled pea straw behind my 480 with a 42' honeybee.