Combines Balancing Cylinder

tbran

I have put quite a few hours on rotaries and never had a major problem in this area and it has not been a hot topic at service. Balance usually comes into play after major cyl rework. There are a few areas or conditons around the where this might be a problem but nationwide , no. Don't cross any bridges til you burn them. No wait thats don't burn any bridges while your crossing them..IJ ah shoot, you know what I mean. Never was any good at sayin's....

Tom

I have made the same observations about cylinder balance. I know guys who never shut off their cylinder as a way to keep it from becoming unbalanced. I have gotten out of the cab and pulled on the cylinder belt by hand to distribute material inside the cylinder. If someone comes up with a solutionpoly hump, closed cylinder, etcthat works, count me as a buyer. Tom Russell

lbran

Main concern should be cleaning material out of cylinder at end of seasons use for each crop. Moisture will tend to keep material on inner portion of bars, which will give some out of balance tendencies. Clean it out after each crop or once a year if need be, no big deal.