Barn cats

BarkerB

BarkerB

Farm Hand
How many of you have barn cats? We have them and our kids treat them like royalty! Most of them like to be petted, just a few are skittish.

The Big Cowhuna

The Big Cowhuna

Golden Chicken
We have three barn cats. My wife worries about them getting cold during the winter, so she bought them a heated dog house. One little fella is refusing to go in. I think he takes umbrage with it being a dog house rather than a cat house. Unfortunately it has the word "dog" on the front.

Gardenry

Farm Hand
We live on a no exit road so irresponsible cat owners drive her and dump their cats out. They inevitably make their way to our house where we do our best to care for them. It certainly gets expensive though.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
We have barn cats. They are the best method to keep the rodent population down. The most important thing is they have to be ffed, watered and have a safe living space. You cannot rely on them eating what they kill, in fact it isn't healthy for them to eat the rodents that they kill.

pseag

pseag

Farm Hand
We have three barn cats. My wife worries about them getting cold during the winter, so she bought them a heated dog house. One little fella is refusing to go in. I think he takes umbrage with it being a dog house rather than a cat house. Unfortunately it has the word "dog" on the front.

Oh my... now this made me chuckle! I'm sure one of the little guys can read and is mad.
We also have a heated area for our barn cats. They all like it though.