Battery Powered Hedge Trimmers

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
We have a bunch of large berry bushes that need trimming. My wife and I were thinking of getting a battery powered hedge trimmer. Anyone have one they would recommend or one that we should stay away from? Home Depot has a 60 volt Greenworks Trimmer that looks interesting, and the price was just reduced to $179 from $219.

Thanks for any info!!

Henderson

Henderson

Golden Chicken
I've had mixed results when buying their products, but I'd say that's true of every brand nowadays. How heavy is the one you're looking at? I ask because we have a 13-pound Makita that gets too heavy for my wife after a few minutes. We're an older couple though. The Makita is nothing special. The battery lasts a good amount of time, but I'd probably opt for a cheaper model next time.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Today I went to Home Depot and bought the 60 volt Toro hedge trimmer. It looked like the most solidly built one, and hopefully the 60 volt battery will have good power. I won't have time to use it for a while, but I'll report on how it works.

Henderson

Henderson

Golden Chicken
Hey, I'm glad you found one you liked. You might want to hang on to that receipt in case it goes on sale for Father's Day. Home Depot offers price protection for 30 days after purchase.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Wow, thanks!!! That's a good idea!!