Combines Cage Sweep

• Thread starter County_line_Harvesting
  • Start date

Rig

Going sweepless may work as you described but what if it doesn't. It is hard to monitor this with changing straw conditions and I don't know if you have ever unstuffed a cage perimeter stuffed with straw but I have. Once the sweep chain broke for me and I had the sweep monitor unhooked because of an electric problem and the outside of the cage got plugged with extremely dusty straw. It was a unique experience. I read this site often and I am always amazed at the amount of "hot roddin" that these rotaries get. I tinker quite a bit but I have had no desire to mess with these combines. The capacity, stock_OEM, is plenty for me and the last thing I want to do is change something involving pulling the cylinder that I tried that didn't work during harvest. I am very conservative when it comes to trying new stuff with a combine. Around here when it time to cut it is time to cut. JMHO Rig

NDDan

Well I have unstuffed about every square inch of these machines more than once. That is why I have tried so hard to prevent the stuffing for you guys. And by all means if your satified with what you have stay with it.

R_O_M

When you have to chop gunk, a hard mix of juice, dust and straw, out of the concave holes with a good heavy hammer and a cold chisel over the entire concave, now that is stuffing things up. I've only had to do that once and it wasn't even our own crop, just a help out for a guy. Plenty of Case owners around here have had to do this when harvesting pulses that are still green but have ripe seed ready for harvest.