Combines CASE IH CElEBRATES 30 YEARS OF ROTARY COMBINE lEADERSHIP

Unit_2

Thanks for posting that. Very interesting! I was privileged to see one of the first International rotary combines a year or two before it went into production. We were custom harvesting at Frederick, Oklahoma and on one rainy day we noticed a strange looking combine setting by the Frederick fairgrounds. We went over and took a closer look and the first thing we noticed when we looked in the back end was that it did not have any straw walkers. we could not imagine how a combine could ever do a could job of harvesting with out straw walkers. As I recall the combine did not have any name or numbers on it but it was painted International red so we assumed it was an International. I can still hear my dad saying as we got in the pick-up to go back to the camper,"It will never work!" How wrong he was.

Combine_Wizard

U2, I only saw the real deal back in March, 1978. It was the first day of what used to be the Southwest Farm Show in downtown Fort Worth. I had heard about the new combines from articles in Progressive Farmer and even the F.W. Star Telegram, but I can still remember just being a little shocked when I actually saw the machine itself. It really did not look like a normal combine. At least the previous TR 70, another walkerless combine, still had the familiar shape of a normal combine. Yes, I knew the Axial-Flow would work, simply because I knew the prior track record of the Twin Rotors. What I did not know, was just how well the whole rotary revolution would end up, but rather thought it could change the way the world harvests with combines in due time. It did. Only 2 years later, at the same show, the new Model 9700 White was introduced. I was told it really had been out nearly a full year earlier, but it was sure new to that show. It was also the only time I saw more than just two combines there, too. Since all three combines were rotary, I knew the trend was set, like it ore not.