Combines case ih mods

b1victor

I was read this message board about 6 months ago and saw something about an air deflector for CIH combines that attaches near the fan area. Does any have any info_linksIJ Thanks.

tazfarmer

I have a 1981 1440 with 3900 hrs. The engine is in excellant condition, no oil usage at all. I have turned the injection pump up because it was still in the factory setting which did make it run cooler. My question is this, I am thinking about adding a turbo. Will doing this harm the engine with the amount of hours it has on it (loose rings etc.). I would like to have a little more horsepower because I switched to narrow rows and am running a 6-row head now where I was running a 4. Any thoughtsIJ Thank You.

CAA

Has anyone had any experience with putting a rocktrap from a 1440 on a 1660. It attaches OK but I am having a problem with the chain drive and tightner because the 1660 has a header reverser and the 1440 did not.

larz

I am looking for a 2" spacer for an IH 1440 combine. It goes between the drive wheel hub and wheel.

1066_puller

i am going to replace the concaves in my 1460 which do you think is the best setup and the best place to by them from(incl.tel.nandor email)also any other modifications you'd doIJ

cornman

i have a 1440 IH it has started turning 3000-3100rpm , but sometimes runs correct at 2700-2800. can any common adjustments be made to the pumpIJ non turbo.also it immediately became hard to start ( when cold).where is a good place to send pump for rebuildIJ

djr

doe anyone have experience with a sharktooth grateIJ its the back grate and has sickle sections attached. supposedly works like a chopper. Sounds good to me, just wondered if anyone had knowledge of. Thanks.

Ant

I've got a '94 1644,I just want to know how much I can load in the grain tank, at the moment I'm harvesting corn and my load is appoximatly 5000 kilograms