Combines Chaffer Spreaders

s

Your talking the white plastic spreader maywes _sp IJ Had that on a 1640 worked well for chaff 17.6' header don't think it would spread chaff much over that tho back up to far into standing corn rows when opening up a field would break the spreader belt so keep that in mind

m

I looked at the kit at my case dealler yesterday I think list 1700 I allready have hyd chaff spreaders but I need new straw spreaders so I thought I would price it out to steep for me

s

best fix would be to get longer hex shafts to replace your short ones or better yet the quick detatch shafts one would be nice and larger Aluminum disc that run within 1.5" - 2" of each ..other then put 3 of the new style curved fins be like 21 , 23 series (would have to check clearance to shaker pan over axle)

hooter

I had a 1688 and went for broke and fitted complete spreaders from 2388 with curved bats and push button couplings.They are lower and need a new slant deck from the salvage yard. Worth the money.

Wolffman

I did the same as Hooter on my 1688. I copied a 2388 system. I got the larger aluminum discs and paddles from a guy that posts on here as "Spreaderman" sorry I don't have his number. Cut down my discharge board, extended the hexshafts, bought the quik couplers from CIH and used conveyor belting to replicate a 2388. Very pleased with it. Wish I could post pics! It took me a couple trips to get measurements off the dealers new 2388. Craig

hv_user

we cut curved bats out of sewer pipe i think 12 inch then drop a shield down behind 0n 2388 with the long shafts spreads a good 30 ft using mac don 36ft drapers bolt them onto the plastc angle iron. workin in southern Aberta near foremost