Combines Challenger 680B vs White 9720

BIGHEAD

Why would anyone in their right mind buy a foreign productIJ BUY AMERICAN.

justapurrin

well you don't get more american then the challenger, massey, or gleaner, so what do you mean exactlyIJ there made in heston Kansas!

BIGHEAD

Class_lexion are headquartered in Germany. let's keep people employed here by building our own.

justapurrin

not calling you a liar in the least, but we wearn't talking about a claas machine it was a 680B, which is a challenger built in heston Kansas, USA, not Germany

land_Surfer

FYI - Toyota is based in Japan and just passed Ford in sales (hell is freezing as we speak)!!! lexions in the US are built in the US, Omaha, Nebraska in fact. And, you won't find any material or components on them made South of the border or in Asia either. I toured the Claas plant in Germany a couple years back and pretty much everything that goes into their products they make themselves (a claim that our domestic farm machinery manufacturers can't back-up for themselves). They even told us that some of the components in their products actualyl come from the US (not many foreign based companies source from the US). Every farmer that was on that trip with me, including myself, all said the same thing after we toured the plant and watched how Claas makes their products, "they just do things better than we do, more attention to detail, craftsmen." We want to have that quality, but we don't want to pay for it. So, in the good 'ol US, we replace our workers with robots and out source to the lowest bidder to the South! If it wasn't for Japanese and German influence, we (the US) just might be the lowest bidder! Keep reading... lest you think i'm an anti-American Written by an Australian Dentist....and too good to delete.... To Kill an American You probably missed it in the rush of news last week, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American. So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is . So they would know when they found one. "An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan. An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native Americans. An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim. In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses. An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to the Man upstairs, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for the Almighty himself. An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world. The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes the given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness. An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return. When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country! As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan. Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least. The national symbol of America, The Statue of liberty , welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America. Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists. So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American. Don....an American

Coors_light

FYI - most of the Massey and challenger's internal processing comes from Hungary.

justapurrin

well ok i guess you got me there, not every single piece of iron on a challenger comes from america, however, where does deeres walker combine come fromIJIJ and how bout CNH's engineIJ last i checked they were both from outside the countryIJ hell no one seems to know who builds deere's crank shafts other then not themIJ not ranting but if you want to get technical lets tear apart all the combines and i bet all have parts from outside the US!!