Combines Changing 1063 waterpump bearingsIJ

Unit_2

You said you ran a while and now have some loose bearings. Sounds like you did not get the rolls lined up right when you installed them. They should last a long while if installed correctly. The easiest way to get the bearing out is to take the roll off and hook unto the 3_8 hole in the bearing shaft with a slide hammer and hammer it out. Any other way that I know of is to take the spiral off and knock it out from the back. The trouble with that is those rivets in the spiral are not easy to deal with. Good luck!!

jedeka

I have had a couple of rows over the years get slop in the square drive at the rear of the snapping rolls. If the square drive gets some wear, the knives will not line up with each other and give problems of poor feeding and cutting.

loren_SE_IA

Thanks for the advice of using a slide hammer to remove the bearing. Sounds like a much easier option then removing the rivets on the spiral. Actually I just bought this header this year and had nothing to do with how anything was installed. I only noticed that the front bearing end of the stalk roll has some "slop" like a bearing was going out. The worst 1 has about 1_8" movement and several others have less then 1_16". I do know for sure that the worst 1 should be changed but was wondering if the "others" are considered worn out tooIJ As for the square drive at the upper end of the roll, I am familiar with that and have several with some wear. I will change those as needed. At this time I am not having any feeding trouble at all. The front waterpump bearing was the "new" area of unfamiliarity. Another IJIJIJ Do the spirals need to be lined up with each other or can the roll be installed at random without regard to the where the spirals are in conjuction to each otherIJ The only noticeable differance in spiral timing may only show up in extremely lodged cornIJIJ Thanks a lOT guys!!

Unit_2

The spirals need to be alternating. That is the ridges on the spirals can not be matching each other. If the ridges on the spirals a matching it will not gather in the stalks in down or even standing corn.

G_Man_Red

Clever-Tech is the name of a company in Jessup, Iowa(I think the town name is right) that makes a neat puller.