Chili cookoff

Desi

Desi

Golden Chicken
I'm entering a chili cookoff this weekend. It's my first one ever and I'm excited! Anyone ever enter one and win? I would like to be a tester but at least I get to try others after the competition.

Farmallh

Farmallh

Golden Chicken
Yum! That sounds fun and tasty! I hope that you win. Do you have a special ingredient that you add to make it so good?

Man, I'm in the mood for chili now.

Wildlife

Wildlife

Bean Stalker
Good for you enjoy and let us know how you did.

Qapla

Qapla

Farm Hand
Have never entered a contest but have made chili more times than I can count

We do put V-8 in our chili - helps create a nice flavor

Paul

Paul

Farm Hand
I haven't entered one myself, but I did get to be a tester once. One of our local animal shelters has a chili cookoff each year, and one year, my family and I went and voted on our favorite chilis. It was a fun time, and we got to taste so many delicious chilis!

Harmony

Harmony

Farm Hand
I've never been in any kind of cooking contest. It sounds like a lot of fun, though! What do you put in your chili? Please let us know how it goes!

Desi

Desi

Golden Chicken
I haven't decided if I want to enter my normal bean and burger chili or my chicken chili. I doubt there will be many chicken chili entries. Do you think that would help because it's different?

Farmallh

Farmallh

Golden Chicken
I would stick to the bean and burger chili. I know a lot of people that don't like chicken chili. You would hate for one or more of the judges to not like chicken chili.

Qapla

Qapla

Farm Hand
Although I have had some good chicken chili ... if I were judging a chili cook-off, I would expect beef in the chili. That does not preclude the inclusion of other meats as well as the beef - but, for me, beef would need to be the dominant meat. Ground, cubed, chopped - not so important which way it is cut, as long as it is beef.

But, that is me - I also like beans in my chili ... I am not from Texas

Desi

Desi

Golden Chicken
I went with my burger and bean recipe and I placed third! I will take that as a win, being my first time. There were 15 entries, so third was great! One person brought chicken chili, it didn't place.

I thoroughly enjoyed trying all the other chilis after judging. My stomach today isn't thinking it was a good idea.