Combines corn head loss

jalopy

Hmmm... usually the high sides take care of the problem. Some corns are just that way, you barely touch the stalk and the ear goes flying. There are at least three different sprockets for corn head speed, have you tried slowing it downIJ But I'm sure you go 4+ with your 6r and 1680, so if you slow it down too much you'll be pushing the stalks. Seems like somewhere I remember seeing an aftermarket poly attachment to go infront of the high side tin yet...

CORNKING

If you install what is called ear savers that will solve your problem. The mans name that invented these is Harold Barton from Silver lake Mn. his number is 32o-327-2217 he will direct ship to you. What they are is a piece of poly that fastens on the corn head where you are having the problem.

nd_mike

found the aftermarket poly attachment you speak of, GVl of litchfield, mn makes a set of poly extensions for end rows on all makes of heads. ordered set today for $199.00. I think it will be what we are looking for.

JWK

The inventor of the Poly Ext. was in the FARM SHOW suggesting that farmers with down corn should be installing it this year. The farmer is 91 years old and still farming. Jack