COVID-19 Update: USDA, FDA Underscore Current Epidemiologic and Scientific Information Indicating No Transmission of COVID-19 Through Food or Food Pac

Newsbot

Golden Scarecrow
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
WASHINGTON, Feb. 18, 2021 — After more than a year since the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak was declared a global health emergency, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention continue to underscore that there is no credible evidence of food or food packaging associated with or as a likely source of viral transmission of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2),the virus causing COVID-19.

Click here to read the full story.

BIGRED

BIGRED

Golden Chicken
That is great news! I didn't think that I read where it was being transferred through food or packaging. I'm glad they came out and said it though. I bet it puts a lot of people's minds at ease.

Shelbii

Shelbii

Farm Hand
Yes, I couldn't agree more. I know some people who were afraid of getting the virus through food. They wouldn't order out or anything. This is good news. Let's hope the news we keep getting about the virus is good.