dakota

I was just a quiet observer at the JD clinic, since we don't have any. But some of the traditional green operators were getting ready to lynch someone. The NH guys said, that they used to have the SlS on their TX's in Europe for years. Time will tell, if they can stand the tough use in America.

dakota

Some longtime JD operators got very upset how JD is treating them lately. Means cutting back on warranty, not taking care of major technical problems, etc. The JD people just walked out of the room.

Darren

Dakota -- What was your take on things -- Do you think the JD guys got the message or could care less and still believe how "great" their machines areIJIJIJ

charlie

Dakota, that attitude that JD are demonstrating in the U.S. is exactly what appears to be happening here in Australia. I know that many operators here have been extremely disappointed with latest series of JD combines, particularly with respct to some major common faults such as electrical problems. We have had several meetings with JD engineers outlining technical problems with the CTS and STS's. It appears what we always say goes straight through their ears. Anyway there attitude and support has led to us trading a couple of JD's on some new CX's. We have had JD combines for 30 Years., JD's arrogance is starting to annoy alot of people. We will still own a couple of STS's and 9650CTS's but only by circumstances and to be honest I think a couple of other manufacturers such as NH have surpassed JD which I think is extremely healthy for the industry, Customer choice is a great thing.

dakota

It is like I that, JD left the room without giving any answers as I have seen and heard before. You can draw your own conclusions out of that behavior.

dakota

You did a lot better than other people, if you acutally got to talk to the engineers. Sounds like you're having a big outfit there. May I have your email addressIJ

charlie

Ralf, I have actually spoken to you before about your 470 CATs and you gave me some extremely valuable insight. At this stage we have traded a couple of JD's on CX860's basically because the dealer support is quite strong. We will still possibly try to trade a couple more JD's in near term but we are hoping this season will be a whole lot better than the last one. Our website is www.contraharvest.com.au I actually need to update it which I will be shortly. You can email on charlesevans@westpac.com.au Cheers Charlie

Frenchie

We are also in the process of possibly trading our TR 98. The dealer is really pushing us towards a CX. I like the CR but I am led to beleive they are a lot more money. What dealer do you deal withIJ We are located just north of Edmonton.

NHD

I've rented a CR940 in 2003-04. I went to the factory to pick it up and even did the predelivery on it. we had a 30'94C HoneyBee draper on it and a JD belt pickup. We had absolutely no breakdowns. The biggest thing is learning to use all of the features that are built into it. If yu are up on elctronics and programing you will be amazed at this combine. I think you will be surprised at how much you like it compared to the CIH's. I've owned the CIH too, as well as the TR-96 thru the TR-99's. No question that the CR-s are the combine of the near future at least. Biggest problem for me is the cost at this point. Just my opinion in brief. Go CR'