Combines Cutting milo with a 1020

Farm_Kid2

In general, I don't think the 1020 feeds as well as the 1010. Really, the flex headers probably should be run on the ground. However, if you have the 3" sickle you will probably get along fine with the 1020 and probably don't even need special guards.

daren955

Forget about the milo guards. Around here the guys with 1020's lock them rigid and cut. No guards. Try it before you buy a set. I have a set and just traded to a 1680 with a 1020 flex this year. I'm just going to leave them in the shed. Started beans today sure like the 1680 over the l2. At least it eats those green spots. Beans made about 10bpa. NCKS.

sharecropper

They work great on an 820 and I am planning to put them on my 1020.

Big_Al

Thanks for all the replys I have a set of milo guards so I will put them on. I have one more question if the milo goes down would I be able to get it with the flex head in the flex postion. We are doing beans in North Dakota and they are doing about 40 bpa. Thanks

Big_Al

Thanks for all the replys I have a set of milo guards so I will put them on. I have one more question if the milo goes down would I be able to get it with the flex head in the flex postion. We are doing beans in North Dakota and they are doing about 40 bpa. Thanks

Farm_Kid2

If all of the milo goes down and you don't have many green leaves or green stalks, you will probably do OK cutting it on the ground. You will run over the heads that are laying on the ground. However, if you have standing milo in spots, it can really slow you down. The reel beats on the standing heads and the green material takes a lot of HP and grain rides out the back stuck to the wet MOG. It's a mess. You would like a JD row head much better. You just pick it up in spots.

cain

You definately need milo guards or you will end up lossing heads dropping off the front of the table.