Combines CX 840 computer

CNHTEK

the computer problems may stem back to a software version issue, check to make sure that your software versions are up to date. Go to the book and the network icon to view vers. information. The shifting problem may be because of a binding shift linkage or a weak spot in the shift motor. If you take the four bolts out of the shift motor mount and lift the motor off, you shoud be able to use the combine tool to shift the trans easily, if it sticks at all, it may be begining to bind. The motor is almost impossable to check, you pretty much have to use it untill it fails, or take it to the dealership for inspection.

CX_840

I have taken the motor off to replace it, and yes by hand the tranny shifts very hard between 3rd and 4th grear. Also, the combine will go a max of 1.4mph forward in 4th gear, but go like crazy in 4th grear backwards, whats up with thatIJ

CNHTEK

My guess would be that The tranny shift disc is machined a little bit off center, that is why it is tight between third and fourth. As for the slow forward speed in fourth, the shuttle valve or the forward releif valve in the hydro may be weak. If you are still on warranty I would get it checked ASAP.

shaulinis

I have some experience with CX's and first thing I would doe: 1. Cheek so called "banana" sensor on gearbox (its a weakest link in trasmition). 2. About forward and reverse. Is the problem only on 4thIJ I would try to calibrate MF handle and hydrostatic drive one more time before moving deeper. Any how. I doe not know how well your dealer is but if you send me: 1. Sn. of machine 2. No of software installed 3. Engine hours 4. If there was any error codes I may get some info

CX_840

Thanks for the help I dont know all that info off had, but it is a CX 840, 2003, and the software in the computer, got updated this spring to the 5.0 version. There should be about 100 hours on the machine. The oonly error code it one that tranny shift unsucessful, when I shift from 3 to 4th. I have also replaced that banana sencer, it didnt meet the values in 1st grear, when in the dignoistic part of the computer

CX_840

here is what the computer is running on, is it the latest and greates software for the 2003 ccm1 hardware 30.01 software 5.0 ccm2 hardware 30.01 software 4.0 ccm3 hardware 30.01 software 5.0

shaulinis

Is the shifting actually happeningIJ Can you drive in all gearsIJ Can you supply all values of the bananasensor in each gear (see diagnostics)IJ Is this error happening every time you shift from 3 to 4 and backIJ Because it really happens that this error is occasionally coming up.

CX_840

Hello, the values on the banana sensor are all good, ihave check them, and they all check out. this is a new banana sensor, the old one was messed up and had some bad readings. I put in the new sensor, and shifted the tranny by hand with the special wrench, all the grears check out on the diagnostic check. but when shifting by hand it is very hard to go from 3 to 4 I think the 1.4 mph forward forth grear is another problem, since the diagnostic shows that the sencor is picking up the gear. and it does go fast backwards, just not forward