Delivery and shipping fees

Pinewood Acres

Pinewood Acres

Farm Hand
Do you charge a delivery fee to your customers or any middlemen or retailers that you deal with? What about a shipping fee? Assuming you do charge those fees, are you upfront about it or do you just increase the base price to account for the added expenditure?

Emergency Cake

Emergency Cake

Farm Hand
Yes, but I don't have much control over the delivery side of things, since I use Uber Eats for that side of my business. I don't ship anything business wise. I used to, but it was such a hassle that I stopped.

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
I'm a florist, but I sell other stuff too in my shop like creams, light makeup, scented oils, plants, and other stuff. I only deliver bouquets. I don't charge a delivery fee if the person allows me to deliver it on my schedule. I deliver all bouquets at the end of the day. That way I only need to make one stop at the hospital, one stop at the funeral home, one stop at the nursing home, and so on. I will deliver flowers at any time of the day, but I charge quite a bit if they want it done like that and I'm upfront about it. I charge the least amount for funeral flowers. The people are grieving and I don't want to take advantage. I've been there.

I don't ship anymore. I can't compete with Amazon. I do curbside pickup though. I don't charge a fee for it simply because we're in the middle of a pandemic. I expect all customers to wear a mask in the store too. If they can't or won't, then they can do curbside pickup.

The Big Cowhuna

The Big Cowhuna

Golden Chicken
I charge for both delivery and shipping. I'm also upfront about the fees. If people want to avoid the extra expense they can always find us at the farmers market or arrange a time to pick up their meat from the ranch.

TammiT

TammiT

Farm Hand
Yes, we charge a fee too. We are upfront with it too. I want people to compare apples to apples if they are shopping around. If the customer orders over $100, we eat the price.