Eat healthy! Need ideas

Charli1

Charli1

Golden Chicken
So my husband's doctor told us he needs to eat healthier and drop some weight. Easier said than done. I'm looking for lunch ideas that are quick and healthy. Looking for both cold and warm options.

MichaelS

MichaelS

Farm Hand
How about wraps? We are having grilled chicken wraps tomorrow for lunch. We made the chicken today (slow cooker),will rip it apart and add hot sauce. Toss it, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and blue cheese in a wrap. Yum and healthy!

Harmony

Harmony

Farm Hand
You can make all kinds of salads. I really like grilled chicken salad with tomatoes and some hard-boiled eggs. Wraps are another good option. They are quick and easy to make.

MichaelS

MichaelS

Farm Hand
Definitely salads! I do get sick of them though. Egg salad sandwiches are also healthy. How about fruits and vegetables with dips. There are a lot of options.

Amanda

Amanda

Farm Hand
Have you looked into the keto diet. It seems pretty popular. The only difficult thing about eating salads, is that I like all the bad stuff that goes in them to make them yummy. I love cheese and ranch dressing especially. Good on him if he can stick with healthier salad options.

Julianna

Julianna

Farm Hand
Instead of eating meat at every supper, try having vegetarian nights once or twice a week. That's an easy fix that worked for me when my cholesterol got high and I needed to lose a few pounds. I wish him all the luck!

Grace Grange

So my husband's doctor told us he needs to eat healthier and drop some weight. Easier said than done. I'm looking for lunch ideas that are quick and healthy. Looking for both cold and warm options.
Restricting gluten items, replacements are available, worked like a charm for me.

Grace Grange

Instead of eating meat at every supper, try having vegetarian nights once or twice a week. That's an easy fix that worked for me when my cholesterol got high and I needed to lose a few pounds. I wish him all the luck!
Eat more fish than than mammals.

Grace Grange

Have you looked into the keto diet. It seems pretty popular. The only difficult thing about eating salads, is that I like all the bad stuff that goes in them to make them yummy. I love cheese and ranch dressing especially. Good on him if he can stick with healthier salad options.
Salads are great, so is squash, green beans, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, parsnips, carrots, sweet peppers, asparagus, and eggplant.

MC

MC

Administrator
Staff member
Low fat, portion control, and plenty of exercise. Use an app like myfitnesspal too.