Combines F2 in SunflowerIJ leave Corn Filler Plates inIJ

Russ_SCPA

Why are you even running filler bars in cornIJ I have a K2 and an F. We do not run filler bars in either any longer. Open it up, slow it down, and push your ground speed up to where just a sniff of clean grain is coming over tailings elevator. We are using the widest settings we can get a clean trashing job with and the slowest speeds. It really does do wonders for overall machine capacity.

Trent

Russ, what concave clearance and cyl. speed are you runningIJ Also what type and how many concave barsIJ I have a late K and a 330 head and would like to get more whole cobs so I can open it up a little. With a 430 on the k2 you must be doing something right. How many bu_hour can you doIJ

Russ_SCPA

OK, first I am pushing 4-38's with a K2 diesel. It is a long tail version. In average conditions I can do right at 400 bu_hour. Cylinder clearance, 5_8", speed as slow as variable speed drive will allow. Usually around 400 RPM. I have the front axle support kit, 18.4X26, 11.00X16, Neco grain saver, and we have cut the chaffer so that the front 12" opens seperate from the remainder. Machine has over 6000 hours. It will be necessary to slow machine down in good grain or it will walk it over the screens. I can usually run at 2-2.5 mph.

DannyBoy

Russ. What's your average yield in CornIJ I know the later K2 could run 4-38". I have just Always wondered how they would do in high yielding corn. We run an '81 F2. Book shows it can handle 6-30". I just wonder how an F2 w_6-30" would do in 180-200 bpa corn. With the 125 bu tank you would sure be dumping alot.

Russ_SCPA

I was in 200+ corn this fall often. As long as moisture is under 20% everything works fine. Over 25% go home, do something else, or plan on running very slowly to keep things inside where they belong. Hangup is small throat, just cannot get it in without crawling, then the narrow flow of material is to thick for good cleaning. It will out clean my F with same size head in same fields. And yes I spend much time unloading, about every 10-15 minutes, hunt truck.