Farming for profit

leon

leon

Golden Chicken
Do you agree that farming can be slow to grow as a business? Most of us start off hoping to make money within a short time, which may not always be the case. It is advisable to include a high-profit venture, which should pay for the initial investment within a short time. The profitable venture then can support the other slower-to-profit one. Would broiler chickens fit into the former category?

RanchHouse

RanchHouse

Farm Hand
Yes, farming can be slow to grow as a business, so patience is necessary at times. I think that farmers can realize profitability by raising broiler chickens; depending on the target weight, they're often ready for market in six to nine weeks.

greg

greg

Farm Hand
Most, if not all of us, choose farming to generate income. Unfortunately, how long it takes to make money varies. In my view, raising rabbits, keeping broiler chickens, and growing oyster mushrooms or flowers are examples of high-profit ventures.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
They can be high-profit venues IF you have a stable market. when I was producing goat milk, I thought I had a very stable market until one of my cheese makers suddenly went out of business with no warning (at least no warning to me). I had to scramble to find another cheese maker who needed goat milk.