Farming looks mighty easy...

strydeman

strydeman

Farm Hand
...when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from the corn field. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Very true, and it ain't easy to do it in real life, that's for sure.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
I farm in upstate New York. We had a dairy goat farm, and also had an egg business, raised sheep for wool, produced hay and bred fiber rabbits. We also rescued horses and had 15 rescue horses. After I had 3 back operations, we no longer farm, but it was never our main job, both my wife and I work for the New York State Health Department. Farming is hard, heavy work, but it is very rewarding if you love it, not so rewarding if you're just in it for the money.

strydeman

strydeman

Farm Hand
I farm in upstate New York. We had a dairy goat farm, and also had an egg business, raised sheep for wool, produced hay and bred fiber rabbits. We also rescued horses and had 15 rescue horses. After I had 3 back operations, we no longer farm, but it was never our main job, both my wife and I work for the New York State Health Department. Farming is hard, heavy work, but it is very rewarding if you love it, not so rewarding if you're just in it for the money.
Wow!. That is awesome!! Now living up here in Eagle River, WI I have gained a greater respect for farming and farmers. I often see them on tractors etc late toward evening. Do you still have contact with any farmers?

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
I am still in contact with many of my farmer friends, though many have had to leave the farming business as I did. My wife and I are still doing homesteading, a huge garden, chickens for eggs, that sort of thing, but we no longer produce agricultural products for sale.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
They had to leave farming because they were losing tons of money.