Combines Feed Chain Speed

T__langan

Have you ever had one of those moments when it felt like you just got hit in the noggin' with a brickIJ One of those "Duh! Why didn't I think of that" momentsIJ Thanks Hyper, we'll give it a try! Tom langan

T__langan

Awe, c'mon Pete! Dust off that pocketbook - only several tens of thousands of dollars would get you a newer model where you wouldn't need to turn the sheave around! The little bit of time you'd save would make it worth the $$$ wouldn't itIJ :)

T__langan

*GASP!* I think i'd rather have been kicked in the balls! *grin*

johnboy

Tom we run a 30 ft header on the R60 and and have little problem with it feeding,sometimes though the rotor has a bit of a rumble in sappy beans.HP is no problem as the motor was dynoed at 260 hp,i've got a feeling somebody played with the fuel pump not that we are complaining. The R72 is better in green beans as the rotor gets rid of material a lot smoother.Our conditions are probably different to yours though but both combines were to-gether in beans this year that was sprayed out to ripen (didn't work) so the beans knee high stayed green and the combines smelt like they were harvesting silage but the R60 handled it no problems at about a mile per hour slower than the 72. john