Combines Field Tracker

SUPER_H

if you really want to run the field tracker only with the 1020 locked up or anyone running a 1010 you can install the 1000 series corn head pots and rods on your header works great for standing or down wheat

Farm_Kid2

Super-H, I've considered that, but have never actually seen these pots that go on the corn head. Do you put one pot on each side, or do you have to use a rod that runs a common pot like on a 1020IJ I would love to get our 1010 rigged out for down wheat, but haven't been able to figure out an easy way to do it. Thanks in advance, Mike

SUPER_H

the best i think is to put the field tracker only on the 1010 one sensor on each end and run the header up and down by hand for tall and broken over wheat in the same field think you will be happy

Farm_Kid2

Yeah, I'm sure field tracker would be nice, but we don't have it on either machine. Did you know that CIH offers auto header height with the 1010IJ From the manual it looks like a rod that goes all the way across with spring-loaded feet that hit the ground and turn the rod which pulls a cable and turns the pot. I've never heard anyone say how it works in wheat. Any ideasIJ

larryNCKS

feeder limit switch dirty. blow crap out of switch. If this does not fix problem, replace switch.

larryNCKS

On the upper left side of the feeder. It is a micro switch with a long spring wire activator.

Red_Greene

I put one on a 1994 1666 about 4 years ago. I believe it cost about $5300 installed. I've got hilly ground so it definitly helps on a 25' head.

jedeka

We installed the field tracker on our 2188 when we traded for it. I have better cutting ability with the 30 ft 1020 head than the 1660 with a 25 ft 1020 head without field tracker. Once in a while, you may have to replace a potentiometer, but is pretty maintenance free from my point of view.

TORQUE

You need to check the poly pads the head slides on when it tilts, they don't last forever. There is avalable a new updated pad that lasts longer that is gray instead of white. TORQUE

minneola13

traded 1640 for 2188 w_ tracker 2 yrs ago. cut better w_ 25ft. on 2188 than 16.5ft. on 1640. no maintenence so far