Combines Finally some good news

Dan

Nick, I would say yes to extending the bars and removing every other wire from seperator grate. I would install rock hump kit and have rock sump kit handy to install if you get into severe rock conditions. Your '97 should have feeder shocks allready installed. I would suggest to go with all forward bars and two or four of them hypers' half height.

tbran

what ever you do - do not go to the back of the fuel pump. do not locate the four small 10mm screws that have a safety wire in two of them that hold the not quite rectangular cover to the back of the gov. hsg. Do not carefully break the seal. Do not hold a small cup or rag under the plate as your remove the cover to catch a small amount of oil. Do not locate the slotted fuel stop screw that has a 10 mm jam nut. Do not loose this and turn in 3_4 turn with a flat head screw driver. do not carefully snug back jam nut and do not replace cover and wipe away all evidence as some have done. Geez- just the thought of someone doing this......

T__langan

Careful tbran!! The Great Gleaner Creators in the sky are watching what you are NOT doing!! Keep NOT doing these things, and someday you will create something you won't be able to control! Worse yet, when you die, you may be sent to burn in eternity where combines are painted strange colors like RED or GREEN!! Oh, the thought of it sends shivers up my spine! :) Tom l.

tbran

When I leave this world burning is not the fear I have. My fear is some dumb arse red or green guy somehow got in and sold St. Pete a load of goods and then I'll have ato spend an eternity working on green and red and yellow combines......but wait a minute,,,, that would be hell wouldn't it... o never mind - I just proved all the grain in heaven will be harvested by them gleamin gleaners... lets see there will be perfect F's and G's and R.....