Combines Gleaner Vs Deere

ilovegreen

BEING A DEERE MAN I WOUlD SAY THE 7720 IS THE BEST MACHINE EVER MADE. WE RUN A 7720 WITH A 30 FOOT HEAD. SURE IS A GOOD MACHINE. CAN GET PARTS ANY WHERE

Shorty

I run a N-7 Gleaner and I find them vasty superior to any John Deere out there. They will run rings around anything green. They are a easy machine to work on and easy to get parts for. My inlaws run 7720s and they have nothin but trouble with them.

ilovegreen

WHAT ARE YA DURUNK. OR JUST SMOKIN TO MUCH. I DONT ENJOY ClEANING OUT A PlUGGED ROTER. DO U

PETE

If you can find a late low hour machine and are willing to do the upgrades for P1 processors do it. You will have twice the machine for less than half the money. If you are not willing to do the upgrades then I would pass on the N series, the first year I had my stock N6 I was very disapointed with it, no capacity,lousy grain sample and excessive rotor loss. After "Hyperizing" (upgrade) two years ago I find it hard to believe it is the same machine, unbelievable capacity,exceptional grain sample with minimal rotor loss.

crop_crusher

Hey Pete, what ya know about M2 GleanersIJ A local dealer let us try out a F2 with a 438 corn head, but i was lacking the capacity we're looking for. He said we should opt for a M2 and be more than pleased with it capacity. I think a M2 is equal to a Deere 6600_20IJ Any advice on M2 GleanersIJ thanks for the info

Tom_Russell

I might add that Hyperizing is relatively inexpensive. Tom in MN

Tom_Russell

You are not supposed to run fence posts into a combine. And by the way, are you aware your caps lock is stuckIJ Tom in MN

Ed_Boysun

I bought an l2 in 77 and ran it until 99. As you know it was similar to the M2 only larger. The custom cutters I talked with at the time said it was about equal to the l2 in everything up to 40 bu. wheat, then the l2 would pull away from it. I think they were running 22 foot headers.

PETE

Sorry, I do not have any experience with M2's, I went from a F2 to a N6 although I was looking for a M2 when I came across the N6. looks like the post below will answer a lot of your questions.

chuckles

My father purchased a l2 in the fall of '77, since then I don't think he has spent 10,000.00 on repairs. The main clutch shaft has been replaced twice, that same threaded double sprocket on the step side,all belts,the same rubber bushings for the shoe (same as super 27 or 92 ).. The biggest fallback for this combine is most certian a melroe 351 pickup (j.u.n.k )She now has 3200 plus hours,still original seat with no tears, but many farts. As for the jent thinking to purchase a N6, Make sure it has all of the updates upuntill 1984. I just purchaced a R7, we were looking for a N6, but I didnot realize that 3500 engine ran at 2600 (+) rpm, so we decided to go with the R7 {rpm 2390, under load 2200}. The 60 series '87,'88,'89 don't have a boost preasure gauge, I use it as a guideline to set my combine, as for bushles per hour, I'll just say it's double that to an l2, it doesn't like tough or wet straw, but I have seen with my own eyes three trucks, unloading on the run, on the same 160 acre feild, unloading to a 10 inch auger, and I still had to wait with the combine.(barley)..