Combines Hairpinning at back of stalk roll on 1063 cornhead

Stosh

I would look at the knive condition and adjustment which includes timing. If the square tube on the roll drive is worn, it will affect the timing and you will notice excessive back and forth movement when turning the roll.The knife adjustment tolerance should hold a piece of paper between the knives (ha, ha, yeah that won't likely happen)The stripper plates need to be centered over the rolls, and of course set a fuzz wider at the back than at the front. I have never replaced the triangle pieces, can't answer your question there.

wild_bill

you can weld athree corner piece at the top of the of the rollers it will help some check the roll timing. good luck with harvest bill

camaro92z

CaseIH has available the triangle wear piece that you weld over the old piece. The knife clearance has to be less than 1_16". I ended up with complete row rebuild kits to fix mine, worked like a new one, I couldn't believe how such very little noticable wear can cause such big problems plugging. The square drive end also wears and throws off timing of the knives, (the reason I bought the complete row kits)was $3500 for 6 rows.

ripped

That is one of the main reasons that I purchased a new 2106 corn head. It only gets worse with down corn. I realize it sounds a little crazy but I like my equipment to click on all cylinders. A total rebuild would have cost me $7500.

Brodale

Make sure your stripper plates are set wide enough apart. If the are to close you will get the second cobs that didn't really develope stuck in them. Sometimes you need to adjust them depending on cob size from one year to the next or even from one hybrid to the next.