Combines harvesting millet with P1 processor

DAB

Hello BDR, Sorry I didn't post back sooner! I have used N series gleaners in millet for about 8 years now and they work pretty well. The first thing you need to worry about is keeping them full. You either need a big swather, or double windrows, or a good pickup that will allow for high travel speed. I have noticed that when the machine isn't kept full, the rotor loss will go up. The other thing that I have observed is that there is a narrow window for proper air settings. A little too much and you blow it out, and too little you get some chaff in the bin. I have always wondered if that small seeds kit would help, but I've never done it . ( seems I can do a good job the way they are.) The worst part about them is when the neighbors that are running conventionals and can pick up millet a day or two sooner because they leave the green, wet heads and your R60 will get everything out. Anyway, I hope this will help! DAB

BDR

Thanks DAB for the info. We have not tried it yet, but are weighing the options. If we do go down that road, it would be nice to have someone with experience to talk to, as we don't have anyone in the area that has attempted before. Appreciate you time.