Combines HB 42 footer

cornchopper

How do you like the honey bee headersIJ I have been running a macdon. I think the draper head is the way to go. The macdon does a nice job, but I've spent atleast twice as much keeping in it service as I have the combine pushing it. I have always wondered if the honey bees were built any better.

R72

I just love th HB. They seem to be better built and a little heavier. My total cost on them in the last 5 yrs have been under 500 dollars for themm both. I did run a 960 for two yrs before the HB's and I had nothing but trouble, they seem to light that's my openion. Thanks Colin

dakota

We run MacDon's since three years and get along great. What trouble do you haveIJ I hope you don't have one of those old 960's.

John

How do you unload with 42' HB'sIJ I think even with the 36' the 3' auger extention wouldn't give you any extra room to spare. If I ever got a draper I'd probably just get a 30' AGCO.

R72

Nope I got ride of those headers 6yrs ago. I run two 36 foot HB headers. looking at 42 footers. I have no problem unloading I use a deglmann cart and a STX 450 quad track. Works great.

dakota

I wanted to know from cornchopper what his problems are with his MacDon's.

Bigsky

The 42 ft' is offset to the right, so unloading is the same John.

Bigsky

scroll down, and you will see the 42' on a gleaner, which is offset. link Here

Bigsky

I don't now what I'm doing wrong, sorry. Try www.honeybee.ca go to grain headers, and you can see a 42 ft. on a gleaner, which is offset.