Combines header control

TlC_FARMS

will the potentiometer work with the three spring style systemIJ

mo_farm

IF the 3 spring set up worked good on the head then I wouldn't spend the money, but if it didn't work good then thats another story.

buckeyegleaner

we also play with the switches with the header on but please unplug the coupling first so the belts-header doesnt run ... the auto header doesnt no the difference the splined coupler at the throat

T__langan

A potentiometer is an electric "dial" sort of a thingy - in fact, the reel speed dial in the Series II's is in fact a potentiometer. The potentiometer just replaces the 3-spring control. When part of the cutterbar raises or lowers, it more-or-less "turns" the "dial" on the potentiometer, thus sending an electric signal to the HHC to raise or lower the head. There is a potentiometer on each end of the head and that's how they make the lateral tilt work - if the left end is saying "raise" and the right end saying "lower", the lateral tilt control will tilt the head to the right. To answer your question, if I haven't confused you beyond hope, the potentiometers replace the 3-spring control so they can't be used together. Hope this helps- Tom langan

TlC_FARMS

I'M RUNNING AN 800 30 FT. WITHOUT lATERAl TIlT ON MY 1994 R-62. WENT FROM 500 SERIES TO THE 800 SET UP WITH THE SPRINGS. DIDN'T KNOW IF THE POT. WOUlD BE A BETTER SETUP.

Tom_Russell

Brian, your equipment is very similar to mine. What are you doing that I can't doIJ For starters, which set of holes do you put the turnbuckle inIJ If I recall correctly, there are 3 holes in the bracket for the turnbuckle and 2 or 3 holes in the other bracket (lever). Installing the turnbuckle in the correct set of holes is probably the first step to getting the thing to work.

Mo

Check out your operator manual. last year we traded a 324 for a 530 flex. We fought the 530 for a full day to get HCC working right. The dealer was out for a while as well. Come to find our our ops manual for setting springs etc. was wrong. It was telling us the exact opposite for adjusting. After readjusting the entire head it worked like a charm.

Mo

Check out your operator manual. last year we traded a 324 for a 530 flex. We fought the 530 for a full day to get HCC working right. The dealer was out for a while as well. Come to find our our ops manual for setting springs etc. was wrong. It was telling us the exact opposite for adjusting. After readjusting the entire head it worked like a charm.

Brian

I don't know where turnbuckle is posistioned off hand however I doubt that would make much difference. I'll bet that your problem is that you are not getting good contact between springs and posts or one or more springs are miss aligned. When this happens to us we use emery cloth to clean posts and springs. Also sometimes springs need a little twisting so that only one spring at a time comes in contact with either the up or down post and that they contact the posts at the proper header height. To check, have the boss jump up in the cab and engage seperator and head (as suggested above leave head drive shaft uncoupled). Then have her lower the head, making sure you note which of the three height posistions the switch is set on in the cab. If I recall correctly you don't even have to let head hit ground to observe springs coming in contact with posts (in other words you don't have to lay on ground to watch) because you can activate the push rod by hand. Very easy to see then what is going on and where you need to start working. Almost forgot, get out the electrical tester and make sure you have power at each spring at the right time. In one case we had a pinched wire under the cab of our R-60 that threw us for a loop for a while. Good luck.