Combines Help I have R62 performance problems

Tom

Ditto regarding your comment on the l2. I am in my third year in an R series and this board taught me how to run it. Hopefully, one of the more knowledgeable guys will tune in to answer your questions. Wrapping on head conveyor: make sure the stripper bars under the conveyor arent plugged with dirt. If memory serves me correctly, there are 2 u-channels and 1 angle but dont quote me on that one. Pacer: the advice I got here was to disconnect the rotor sender because its location causes false readings. But I only do corn and beans so you might want to verify this in grain. You could search for discussions last fall regarding this problem. Mods: I installed several mods last summer and was very pleased with them. Wait for one of the other guys to lead you through this one as I have a P1 processor and yours is somewhat different. Tom Russell

tbran

As to the pacer (we don't use the headers or do your type of wheat) sorry.

Dan

I know what your talking about and here you go. If straw is coming around the back of auger you need to fasten another channel bar under the auger. There should be one under there now on the 400 and you can fasten another one in the same fashion. Be sure channal doesn't extend into the area directly ahead of feeder chain. Now for the biggy if straw stands in front of fingers. Install 4 inch flighting all the way to the center of auger. You may have 2.5 inch now but it don't go quite all the way to the center. 2.5 inch will not do the job like 4 inch. I make the extentions from replacement flighting and drill one more mount hole than the 2.5 uses so flighting can go to the middle of finger area. You can watch the sickle guards after doing that. Make sure feed chain is suched back into housing far enough so it don't contact flighting. Also make sure sloted filler between header and feed floor is slid back to fill in the gap and tapped down so it don't restrict the flow. Now you can cut that header loose and let her buck.Now if you really want that thing to fly get the feeder shocks, rock hump, third helical extention, seperator grate cover, and all forward extended bars. There will be a lot less garbage hitting your pacer board if you get the straw to flow threw like it should. You upgrade your R62 and you won't be looking back at your ultra dependable l2 any more. Of course I would be happy to set you up with any of these upgrades. Good luck. Dan

Tom

Would your approach work for corn and beans in a P1 processorIJ Past experience tells me that the rotor sensor stays in the red and dies after 2-3 days when it is mounted in the factory location. Corncobs and bean stems tear the daylights out of it. We don't cut any wheat so maybe we are all talking a different language. Thanks, Tom Russell

T__langan

I have to agree with Tom on the rotor Pacer sensor. We have in the past seen false rotor loss readings due to straw or other crop material hitting the sensor. I have not tried moving the sensor as someone else suggests, but if my pacer shows loss, I always flip the switch over to rotor only just to see if that is the problem. The shoe sensor reading you can take for gospel - if it is showing loss, you're loosing grain! Ours is an '89 R50 - corn, soybeans, oats, and barley - no wheat. Good luck!

T__langan

I was just thinking - what if a person mounted the rotor loss sensor under the grate below the discharge beaterIJ Then add the white plastic "fingers" over it just like the shoe sensor has to filter the grain out of straw. Would probably have to be mounted at a downward angle so crop material wouldn't pile up on it. Any opinions as to whether this would workIJ Tom langan

tbran

Yes. The idea is to BAlANCE the reading of the boards as best as you can. I have found that most of the time the cyl. pacer board will lie to you a little. By moving it you can desensitise it it a little. If you get it too far to the end or too far away it becomes non effective. Most of the time I have suggested the moving from one side of the brace to the other and it seems to help. Moving it away lets a light weight cob piece loose momentum that a more dense corn kernal won't . Hope this make sense. Oh yeah on a P1 make sure you don't get in to the sweep if you run it which you shouldn't in corn. Tie it stationary.

tbran

Great idea. I think just adding fingers and flipping to the other side will suffice.. will let you know if works asap ...man why could't my pea brain think of this years ago..could kick myself..ouch...ouch....ouch...

T__langan

I have one of those giant, sixth grade educated brains that you can see by looking in my ear - me and Jethro from the Beverley Hillbillies are the only two people I know of that have one. Now, if I can just get this backpack rocket to ignite, I'll be on my way to the moon! :) Ya'all come back now - ya hear!!

Silver_Streak

Dan it sounds like you can really help me make this machine work. I have a lot of questions so please bear with me. First lets talk about this 400 series rigid header. I believe this header has two channel bars on it now, Am I correctIJ When you talk about installing another channel bar do you mean for the entire length of the headerIJ Does this channel go in front of the existing channel bars or between themIJ Could you give me the correct dimensions. The factory channel bars already seem to extend in front of the feeder chain because of the offset feeder house on the N and R series. I have about 3_4 of an inch warp in my conveyor auger Can I cure this or will the extra channel solve my problem with this small warpIJ I like the 4 inch flighting idea how much for a setIJ One last header question, Where should the finger position be set mid or maximum extendedIJ