Combines Help I have R62 performance problems

Dan

Hi again Silver Streak. Geeee I like your handle. First you only have one channel bar under your auger unless someone has added another. You don't need to go all the way to end of platform with the extra channel for it is mainly toward the center of auger that gets overloaded. When we first started installing channels we just put four foot l2 concave bars on both sides of auger fingers which helped a bunch. After that we went to machine shop and bought 1_2 inch high 1.5 inch channel iron and run it toward the end of header. You would mount the extra channel in front of the one that is there where the next row of rivets line up and use the torques headed bolts that are used for holding in the filler between the header and feeder. They are self tapping and will screw into the rivet holes. Yes at least one of the factory installed channels does protrud into finger area and I remove about six inches of it. That sounds like alot of warp in your auger and could be the main reason the straw wants to come over the top. Be sure when you check the warp that the whole auger is the same temperature and not sitting out in the sun. I have never had to try take the warp out of a auger but the Gleaner service manual says you can if it is no more than 1_2 inch. If you want to try straighten you need to determine the high portion of the conveyor tube and bring it upward. Then with a wide tip torch heat a 90 degree arc from front to back across high area of tube until the complete arc is red hot. Then remove heat and quickly quench this area with cold water. Repeat as needed. I hope there is no copywrite on that for it is nearly directly out of the manual. I think I have heard of welding a bead on auger to straighten them but I'm unsure of that procedure. I have adjusted augers every which way when straw wants to come around the back side and the extra channel bars has helped the most by far. I have adjusted auger fingers evey which way when fingers just want to slip threw the straw so I believe set in the middle is as good as anywhere. With the extended four inch flighting the straw just funnels into feeder. Its fun to watch it flying in so smoothly. I'd make you a set for $200. Next best thing would be the Gleaner 600 draper or 700 Hi capacity rigid or 800 Hi capacity flex. Maybe I should of said next best things. I would sure love to try a 900 stripper head someday. Hope this helps Silver Streak. Dan