Combines history you ask loretta lynn Ranch

Kaye2

Thanks TBRAN for the info, very interesting! I had been wondering about that ever since I got the video of the 8000 series tractors and other promo films that were shot there at the ranch. Every time I watch those movies in the winter I get the itch to go farming! Thanks again for the explanation, that is pretty cool!

Illinois_Gleaner

Thanks for the info Tbran. We had an 8070 FWA that our dealer got down there off of the Dude Ranch. It had 250 hrs on it.Never had any problems with it as long as we had it. We just sold it to a guy in Central Il this fall. IG

tbran

Many stories, one was when AC rented competitive units. One was a 2+2 IH 3400 "anteater". Driver did not close the hood properly and he stopped real quick and the entire huge hood slid forward right down the rail like it was supposed to and more - right out on the ground, then he ran over it . lynn Shriver THE man in charge went ball is tic. His language curled the paint on all tractors within earshot. I bet Ill Gleaner's 8070 had a bubble in the paint as it was there as a witness. Another was we got a new tractor from Deere to run beside the 8070 for customer comparison. It was supposed to be the same HP- but it would run circles around everything over there. We dynoed it and found it was turned to over 250 HP . lynn S said, wait til them sobs want one of ours! Paybacks are hello

slims

if lee or larry read this site or if you talk to them tell them brian from flan imp said hi and hope all is well. i had fun coming down there and working on the combine and visiting the l.l. area

Illinois_Gleaner

lOl!!!!!!!!!!! Tbran you have the best stories. IG

MostlyGreen

That was a "trick" Deere played continually. Any of our Green Tractors AlWAYS dyno'd AT lEAST 20% to 25% more horsepower than what was rated. Our 155 horsepower 4640 tested at 207 horsepower when it was new.

CORNKING

Thanks for posting this, I had no idea that is really neat stuff!

Kevin_Alabama

tbran, I meet you a couple of weeks ago on my way to a sale in Murray, Ky. I don't think I told you but I have a 12 row 390 air planter that loretta lynn had. I still plant with it today... I passed though Paris today pulling a 30 foot Great Plains drill that I bought from Dan McKeel in Murray, boy that town square is hell to get though pulling a drill that size. Thanks for the info.