Homemade pizza and toppings

Farmallh

Farmallh

Golden Chicken
Tonight we are making homemade pizza. We use homemade dough (from the bread machine),tomatoes that we saved from our garden last year, cheese, lots of veggies and meats. Do you make homemade pizza?

MichaelS

MichaelS

Farm Hand
Yes we do! We love pizza at our house. We make mini pizzas so the kids get to pick their own toppings. We make veggie pizza, cheese, lots of meat pizzas too. The whole family loves pizza night.

Wildlife

Wildlife

Bean Stalker
Try little ham with pineapple...little different.

Qapla

Qapla

Farm Hand
I have been making pizza at home since I was about 10 years old. I worked for a pizza chain for about 15 years back in the early 1970's

I make the sauce and the dough - I do not use a bread machine ... but I do normally use a food processor or a Kitchen-aid mixer with a dough hook.

When I have the time I make NY style crust that has a 48-72 hour cold ferment time. Other times I make a "same day" dough but it has a different texture and taste.

I have a recipe that works really nice for a "cast iron fry pan" pizza that starts being cooked on the stove top and finished in the oven.

We had pizza tonight ...

Snow Farmer

Farm Hand
Not for everyone, but our homemade pizza uses grated zucchini as a crust, I read about it somewhere and suggested it to the wife as I have found the regular crust does not agree with me. This alternative is a lot lighter, less filling, I really like it.

Logan

Logan

Farm Hand
My mom used to make us pizza, but it wasn't completely from scratch. We cheated a little and bought pizza crust and tomato sauce from the store. We loved to use vegetables we grew in the garden for toppings, though!

Charli1

Charli1

Golden Chicken
I have been making pizza at home since I was about 10 years old. I worked for a pizza chain for about 15 years back in the early 1970's

I make the sauce and the dough - I do not use a bread machine ... but I do normally use a food processor or a Kitchen-aid mixer with a dough hook.

When I have the time I make NY style crust that has a 48-72 hour cold ferment time. Other times I make a "same day" dough but it has a different texture and taste.

I have a recipe that works really nice for a "cast iron fry pan" pizza that starts being cooked on the stove top and finished in the oven.

We had pizza tonight ...

Can you share your recipe/process for the Kitchenaid with dough hook. I just got one of these.

We make homemade pizza often. We try different things on them often. Sometimes we use tomato slices instead of sauce.

baloyi

baloyi

Farm Hand

We had pizza tonight ...
You must be so good at this, having worked for that period in a food chain. A few of us are good at making pizza, but we don't do it often. I am already thinking of how to do this more often with different recipes!

Qapla

Qapla

Farm Hand
Not sure what the rules are on this - if it is not allowed, please remove the link:

For help with making pizza - check out this forum ... it is the best for pizza

I will post a recipe and procedure soon