Combines How did the 590 lexion go at Husker HarvestIJ

justapurrin

the 590 and 16 row pretty much ate everyone for lunch! and no the massive 9560 ran just as good as the massey or challenger!! as for why JD didn't bring the 9860 ive heard some pretty good ones lately! from they didn't have any to bring(yeah rightIJ) to they were so embarrassed after farm progress after the 590 whooped them that they decided that a smaller machine is way better then larger so they oppted to not bring a big machine at all! but what i wonder is why no hay or tillage demo'sIJIJ anyone else heard any good ones lately on the subjectIJIJ

Big_Truck

Catmandont, You had a better experience from your JD tech than I had from mine!!! One JD mechanic came out to look at a fault code on a new 9650 STS I was running in 2002,he decides to try and rectify it by changing the fuel filter.I was watching him and I thought "something dos'nt look right here but he's the tech and I'm just the operator,so I'll keep quiet". He only went and put the fuel filter on without first filling it with diesel,result another delay while he rang another buddy and he had to direct him through the procedure over his cellphone!!!!

steamboat_will

Catmandon't I like my Cat dealer and I can't complain about service too much. (Mad Props to Steve my service guy!)But I have to say the secnerio you just decribed above is just about right at least on the row crop 45's Me and my service guy have been trying to find some tranny sensors for about two months To be fair we are not making it a top priority but your really close of course I also waited two months for feederhouse chain slats for my red combine and had to wait two weeks for some JD vac planter parts last spring so I guess all colors fall victim to stupidity sometimes. later Will

Rooster

What are you talking about, a failed O-ringIJ I watched the 590R all three days of the show and not once did it have a mechanical failure or screw-up. Even if it did, there is no way that you would have access to the above information of which you speak.

kp

I take it you have not come across "sarcasm" before. I for one found it somewhat humorous.

FR

You must be new on here if you beleive catmancant! He is just full of bullsh-- he knows nothing about anything but I really laugh about his posts somtimes.

F_R

I have to take back all I said about the catman ,he is a true american, and an excellent combine operator.

9880sts

Hey Andy who said the sts did not even startIJ if been there and your cat was blowing corn out of the back and did allmost pluge in corn becouse the leaves and the straw did slide down fast enough. there was only one combine with absolute nothing behind the Machine and this was the MF-Rotor. the worst one was the 8010 followed by the CR the lexion and i would say the the BABY sts with 8 row corn head did a great job for his size at 5 miles. lexion is trying to copie the cleaning system from deeres European 2200 series Combines that how it looks. the patents are running out and the start building it just like the Montana and the CTS (480 and 470). is there something what they build what is not from somebody else. just take a look at the old 2266 cleaning shoe and you find your lexion shoe know. Regards 9880