Combines IJ Dan

mo_farm

I have a 9650 with over 2000 hrs on it and have had no problems with the engine. Power and fuel economy are both good. No problem with hydraulics plenty of flow and pressure. Only drawback is it is impossible to change the oil filter with out spilling the oil out of it.

c_k

Machines are located in north western ND in the town of Williston. I cant remember everything he had but it ranged from Ns to a couple of R7s to a couple of R60s and the majority wer 62s and 72s. Name of the dealer is lindsey Equipment. I beleive he traded quite a few 99s this fall on new ones.

Nate_SC_WI

Thanks for the info on where the combines are located. I think the engine on the 9650 is the same that is in our R50, if it is its a great engine. We have 1800hrs. on ours and havent had a problem with it yet.

Dan

Motors are good as any I've been around. There is about the same good and bad with a aircooled as there is with liquid cooled. We have some air cooled motors now with close to 10,000 hours and have not been apart. Just let engines warm up before reving and cool down before shuting down just like any diesel. Smaller Deutz engine like the 9650 has will not start as good as liquid cooled 9600s with the Navistars. The next step up from 9650 is the 9670 and it is heavier here and there and uses a bigger block Deutz. The 9700s have very little in common with 9600s. Hydralics have about 23GPM available at remotes and about 2500psi. I've been out to Garys in Williston when he had a bunch of late model other colors out front also. Great guys out there but I'm glad he's the one with all them machines. He's allways been able to keep the inventory moving and I hope it don't stop anytime soon. Any other specific questions on the tractor let me know.

Dan

I have not done this but I was told that oil filter relocation kit that is for the V8 Deutz will fit the small inline 6. I was going to install one on a 9650 one time for they would not get filter tight enough and the gasket would blow. They must of got themselves a filter wrench to help snug it up for they have not blown the gasket lately.

Illinois_Gleaner

That engine should be a great engine. But I know why