Combines Is this the helical helpline IJIJ

Dan

Open the bottom flip open door in hopper and follow the left side of feeder to point just above trap door. You will see two countersunk allen head bolts that hold in a half moon shaped piece of iron that is about 1_2" thick. If you have a '96 or older machine they are long bolts with nuts and newer machine have short bolts that are threaded into cage ring. That iron is there to prevent any crop from sliping over to seperator side of cage without first going over concave thus we call it a crop flow director. I remove that director and cut away enough material from it so I can weld that slightly formed 3_16 iron to it. You can see outline of cage ring on the director when it is out so you know where to cut and you only cut away enough so helical can run at same diameter and angle as the rest of them. I overlap the helical onto cage right up to present third helical from gearbox and drill a hole. The chrome will have to be ground away if you drill from inside of cage. I have two holes drilled threw 3_16 iron for helical. So you see there is three bolts that hold helical which also helps to hold triangle shaped 3_16 iron rigid. This filler is up high enough to not interupt with any flow. I do cut excess threads beyond the nut off on the middle bolt that holds helical in to prevent feed chain from grabing it. The chain will get close to it if it should ever try to jump a cog on the sprocket. Get me your email address and I'll get you a picture. I'll get a picture on this page and over to Nates' upgrade site ASAP.