Combines kevlar header drive belt

dibber

Do you know if geringhoff has a web site I would like to check these heads out. How do you like yours so farIJIJIJ I think we might me getting one next year if it looks like they work. There is not any dealers around here so I can't get any literature on them yet.

m_i__nuts

I imagine that Geringhoff does have a web site, but I don't know the address.I do however have the phone number of the U.S. distibutor, which is Willmar Farm Service 800-333-8300. I have an older version that is called the P.C. it has 1 stalk roller and a set of stationary knive that the stalks are drawn through. It does a real good job of shredding the stalks, in fact it does better than my flail chopper, but it does leave a longer stump. The down fall of this head is the power requirement. The new heads are the R.D. model (Rota disk) they have two stalk rollers and a third roller that has a series of rotating cutters that do the shredding. The job of shredding is supposed to be similar but the power requirement is said to be quite a bit less. Unfortunately the RD head is quite expensive, about $40000 for a new 6row. Repair parts are also quite high although the heads seem to be quite robustly built, I had no troubles with the head proper this year, just the drive belt on the combine. Hope this helps, m.i. nuts

dibber

Is Willmar Farm Service located in Willmar MinnesotaIJIJIJIJIJ

Deadeye

Yes They Are The US distrbutor. I think their web site is willmarfarmcenter.com Not sure, I have seen the ad but not sure about the address. You can get it by searching for (geringhoff).

dibber

How does this head perform when the stalks are wetIJIJ Does it still cut the stalks up of do the stalks have to be dry for the head to chop them up goodIJIJ

m_i__nuts

The head chops the stalks good regardless of the moisture, but power requirements go up as the stalks get damp. m.i.nuts

dibber

If the cornstalks are wet from a drizzly day you could go out there and pick and you would get a decent job cutting up the stalksIJIJ

m_i__nuts

Yes, in fact the opposite is perhaps the case. If the stalks are very dry it seem as if they slip through the roller a bit before getting cut off resulting in longer stumps, although the rest of the stalk is well chopped. m.i. nuts