Combines lateral tilt

irv

We added tilt to our 94, and we are very pleased. It's actually an older front tilt bracket, with new controls. Not cheap, but still cheaper than a new combine!

Irv

We ended up buying all the parts from Cole Implement. They have a list of all the odds and ends that you need.

MN

I was told pump but not 100% sure yet have to talk to my Gleaner mechanic. I have a 93 and the lateral tilt came from a 98 or newer combine, and I think he said I would need a lateral tilt from one the same vintage as mine or that It wouldn't work on a air cooled at all because of it being a closed pump. I dont know if somebody else does help me out here.

tbran

pump issue can be overcome- the 98 lat tilt had a different conrol - it used poteniometers rather than switches. You would need the 98 and up Auto HHC as well to work correctly. AlSO your heads will not work with the 98 lat tilt. The throat is much larger. The tilt for you machine was built by Hart Carter. There might be some out there.IJ

mn

Could you explain a little more, my guy is saying he wouldn't be able to get the switches to control the hydraulic oil, it being a closed center pump. Ive already bought the newer style lateral tilt if I can get it to work I would like too but he says its like getting an apple tree to grow oranges.

mn

Maybe I can tell you what I have: I have the complete throat off the newer combine with the lateral tilt and hydraulic thing under the cab the gold brain box and the controller that mounts on the window. I asked mechanic to check and make sure we had everything we needed and I think he said he called the factory and was told it couldn't be done. I just wanted to move to bigger head to try and get done faster. I don't know if the salvage place will take this back but i doubt it.

Irv

I'm not an expert, but we have the newer style controls running the tilt and header height on our '94. Had to put the piggyback pump on it, along with a filter and such. Tweaked the Hart Carter frame a little to fill in the gaps on the side, and we are very pleased.

mn

Do you have a air cooled dieselIJ Maybe you can't put the piggyback pump on the air cooled diesel for some reason.