Combines lexion combine resale value

Ilnewholland

With people like you I have no doubt that they will not go broke. I am very glad that they make everything that you need and you are happy with it. For some of us it don't work that way. It's a big world out there and AGCO and NH has a big part of that. I don't think they will go broke also. If they do help us all because it would be a sad place to farm if we only have a JD combine to talk about. Ilnh

4_Star

Good point, it would definately be a sad deal if there was only one manufacterer to choose from. One must always be open minded when making ag equipment investments, competition is good.

land_Surfer

Deere may be the one on top, most everyone has had that chance. Don't let a new product introduction and fairly high stock price be leading indicators for company performance (the latter of the two is not the best indicator of company health, but rather a public response to a minor detail or occurance, usually without knowing the facts). Deere is dealing with a very large inventory of used products they are currently floorplanning, which is about to go by the wayside, as well as the floorplanning for new products. Most likely to 6 mos. terms, forcing the dealers to fend for the themselves and pursuade a local financial insitution to loan them low-interest money to inventory multiples of combines, tractors, etc. (If you owned a bank, would you do thatIJ). Deere is also dealing with substantial pension payouts (pension payouts for early retirement or layoffs has broke many a good company, especially those in an extreme cyclical industry).

dakota

Deere is by far not the best, but the rest is so much dumber, that it doesn't matter.

dakota

You won't really find out until you need them, because freight charges are coming on top of the already high price tag. Hard to work onIJ look at the moving parts. Is there any combine with more moving parts than a lexionIJ Many foreign made bearings are not a common size in the US. There are only a few dealers. Only a few of the few stock parts. Belts and chains are not warranty at all. Any time you hit a rock you'll need a new feed chain. The high horsepower eats up the cylinder_rotor belts in maybe 300 hours. Don't forget, it's ClAAS calling the shots here not CAT. That's why the whole title of this site is wrong. CAT does not have anything to do with this combine.

Ilnewholland

Thanks Dakota, one more IJ If you could get any combine made right now what would you getIJ and whyIJ Okay that's two IJ Ilnh

land_Surfer

I have run my 485R going on three seasons now and not once has a belt, bearing, chain or part been a premature issue and I run the machine over nearly 6,000 acres per year, with proper and documented service; according to the book, and dealer and we do the majority of all non-warranty work ourselves and never have a bit of trouble, even when time is of the essence.I periodically view your postings and have to question their validity. How can someone have so much trouble with a combineIJ For one thing, belts and chains should never be a warranty item when failure results due to a rock or other foreign object. If they were, we could never afford to own these machines (no matter the brand) because the insurance cost associated with frequent warranty claims would make it prohibitive to warranty. I work with two Cat dealers, the sale dealer for warranty service and parts and a neighboring dealer for parts (I live on the border between two dealers) and not once has parts availability been a problem. The one thing that I have learned about the Cat dealers is if you want them to cater directly to your farm you just have to ask. They are more than willing to customize their parts support to you and your region's customers as long as you schedule with them. And when I mean schedule, the dealers have many ways of supporting you, you just have to decide what's best.

make0905

sorry guys but i must give also a comment to this combines! We had a Claas(Cat)480 bevore and have now an STS - and i must say the claas is not trying out a combine long enough before they sell it - thats the main problem! we bought our lex 1997 and had really great problems from the beginning! Which first was no problem because they payed nearly everything the first two years - but then started our part which means every year between 7000 an 10000 Euro going back to the company of claas!!! The claas has exactly twice as much belts then the STS - so as everyone knows there are two or three times more parts only if you compare this! I would say the company of JD really earn much money with this machine because its very simple built with less parts as possible! and the best thing is that these lease parts harvest about 20percent more than the 480! wish you a good harverst! Greetings Marcus

GreenThumb

land Surfer, I agree with your comments and question Dakota's vadility. I heard through the grapevine that one of Dakota's Employees quit, because he could not believe how they refused to do maintance on machines when needed. He said they would not even allow them to stop and blow an air filter out. " It took to much time. " i also heard that MacDon stopped to do updates on headers. They only needed 15 minutes to do it and were told they could not stop for them. later when this failed, the group tried to blame MacDon.

abe

Well said Deere has earned the top spot through good value products and lower parts prices.