Combines MF 760 Perkins engine info

kidroff

Its either a v6 or a AV8-540. For your sake I hope it's not an AV8-540 because unless you have a very good cooling system it will get very hot.

Deerebines

I was pretty sure the 354's were all Black and the older one's were red....not to mention....I thought they were N.A. where 354's were turboedIJ....could be wrong. If it's a true 354 it's called an AT6 3544....depending of whether or not you have aftercooling and turbo. Why you would want to put a perkins in a motorhome is beyond me.....those are the most vibrating shakiest diesels I've ever been around. Parts are higher than most.....Cav's pump system is pretty competitive for longevitiy and are relatively simple to work on...(Can't beat thier injectors for setting pop off pressure....slick as a whistle to do) But the rest of the engine.....Well, Perkins is known far and wide for their black smoke trademark and I've just not ever really been impressed with the horsepower of them. JMHO of course though.

jmassey

Just out of idle curiosity, why do you consider a 354 perkins to be a shaky engineIJ Every perkins engine I have had on the three massey combines i have owned have been extemely smooth running engines. Did you have a crankshaft damper missing ot somethingIJ

Deerebines

Shaky might not be the word I'm looking for there but the Perkins is more of a "rattling" diesel than any other I've ever been around. And the damper pulley was on.........kinda hard to keep cranks in one piece without that part....*grin*