Must-have equipment

greg

greg

Farm Hand
It can be difficult for a farmer to figure out what to buy when on a limited budget. However, some farm equipment can help the farmer maintain the farm more efficiently. In my opinion, a tractor(s),farm truck, plastic much layer, an irrigation system, and manure spreader are necessary to have.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Those are certainly important, depending on the type and size of the farm. I've never had an irrigation system, but I've had all of the others. Of course if you don't have a livestock farm, you don't need a manure spreader.

greg

greg

Farm Hand
Those are certainly important, depending on the type and size of the farm. I've never had an irrigation system, but I've had all of the others. Of course if you don't have a livestock farm, you don't need a manure spreader.
I agree that there are many things to factor, and so it is not accurate to list the equipment without considering things like the size of the farm and the type of farming in question. Would you purchase machinery in anticipation of using them in the future?

Last edited:

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
I agree that there are many things to factor, and so it is not accurate to list the equipment without considering things like the size of the farm and the type of farming in question. Would you machinery in anticipation of using them in the future?
Yup, I often buy equipment in anticipation of using it in the future.