Combines N 5 Hyd problem will not lift head

Gpurrs

Is the wire on the master valve coil,and if so,is the coil magnetizedIJ

Hyper_Harvest_II

I agree,check master solenoid wire for magnatism and voltage. I have seen where rust on body of valve that solenoid goes over get rusty and not let poppet be pulled. you might try turning steering wheel to lock position and hold there while trying to raise header if you find nothing wrong with solenoid and electrical.I have seen .020 orfice come loose and disappear in master valve.You lose all high pressure fuctions or they become really slow and the only way to get them to work is turn steering to lock position. let us know what you find, Hyper Harvest II

timothy

Thanks, When it gets daylight out this morning, I'll check and see. Will report back later in the day. Thanks again, Tim

timothy

Thanks Gpurrs and Hyper II Yuo 2 are on my Christmas card list now! You hit the nail on the head. Stem was rusted pretty bad,cleaned that but did'nt help. Swapped out soleniod with one on the vari header drive, and everything works. Many thanks again. All the great people on here makes getting use to a rotary much easier. Tim

tbran

we ran into a similar deal. Turned out to be the master poppet had worked so long that it cut itself a new 'seat' in the spool. When activated it would not raise up but just a few thousds. We switched spool with the reverser and polished the poppet and repaired the problem.. Just something to check.