Combines N6 No ResponseIJIJIJIJIJIJ

• Thread starter Hyper_Harvest_II
  • Start date

Hyper_Harvest_II

lucky, 1980 N6's had the high idle speed of 2820-2850rpm.With 2000 hrs.(EngineIJSepIJ)the pin has been pulled on the hand grenade and she is due for some rod bolts.Unless it has had a lot of tender love and care,it is probaly also due for cylinder bars,concave and helicals.Check cage wear also.(Just to left of concave at the bottom.Reverse will cause this to wear out prematurely.)Feeder chains should have been replaced by now with that amount of hours.$10,000-12,000 would be a decent price but be prepared to spend $2000-4000 on the heart of her if it hasn't already been done.

Dr__Gleaner

I saw a 1979 with 1300 sep hrs. on it (still had the original cage in it because of the oblong holes next to the bolt together doors) sell at a farm sale(estate sale) for $4700.00. Had a good straight 24ft rigid head (double drive) with it. This one was well worth the money as had some updates already on it. (Gear drive accl rolls, new accl. rolls, new rotor bars)This machine had already been slowed down to the 2640 engine RPM and had a larger engine PTO pulley installed on it.

lucky

Thanks for the feed back on this guys, at least now I can go into this with my eyes open.