No robins yet

pseag

pseag

Farm Hand
My parents swear they have had robins in their yard for over a week. We have a lot of snow still at our house and no robin sighting. Robins to me mean spring is right around the corner. Have you seen robins?

Thyme Flies By

Thyme Flies By

Farm Hand
You don't have them year-round? I didn't know some of them migrated. I wonder if I'm seeing our original robins or if these are robins that flew down from Canada? We always have robins.

Gordyg

Gordyg

Farm Hand
None here yet, too cold and too much snow. I figure we will get some in a couple of weeks. A lot of birds fly south for the winter.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
All robins don't migrate. I live in upstate New York, and we have a large population of robins that stay for the winter. It's funny how most people don't realize it. Last week, we counted about a dozen robins around our house.

Shelbii

Shelbii

Farm Hand
@ Rich, I didn't know that. I've never seen a Robin in the winter here in Upstate NY. I wish! Do you feed them in the winter? If so, what do you put out?

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
@ Rich, I didn't know that. I've never seen a Robin in the winter here in Upstate NY. I wish! Do you feed them in the winter? If so, what do you put out?
Shelbii, robins won't go to feeders. They eat fruit and insects. They survive the winter looking for old berries on bushes and looking for bugs onthe ground. I have MANY feeder, and I always hoped they come to suet feeders, like woodpeckers, but they don't.

Charli

Farm Hand
We have not seen any here yet either (on our farm). My parents have had them for about a week. They live in town. I didn't know that all robins don't migrate either.