Please post your intruduction in this forum!

MC

MC

Administrator
Staff member
In order to prevent spam bots from overrunning the forum, we have implemented a new user introduction requirement. All new users must first post an introduction thread in this forum before they will be allowed to post in other forums. A simple hello and some information about your farm will do! Your account will be automatically updated one minute later. Thank you!

Last edited:

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Hello! Great idea, if it eliminates all of the spam we get.

I'm actually a former farmer, or retired farmer, though I still have a day job. My wife and I had a dairy goat farm, produced goat milk, we also had an egg business, we shipped eggs from upstate New York to New York City and we also produced wool from sheep. We also had a horse rescue. We produced our own hay.

Now, after three back surgeries for me, and my wife developing fibromyalgia, we sold our 103 acre farm and have a small 9 acre rural property, mostly wooded, but we have a large garden and still have pet goats and sheep. But we still like to talk about farming and share our experiences.

GrowPro

GrowPro

Farm Hand
Hey guys! I turned my landscaping company into something much bigger than just mowing, planting flowers, cutting down trees, and raking leaves. I decided to offer more services after the financial crisis hit, in order to find new clients who were looking for more complicated things like implementing a permaculture design or creating an edible landscape. It's worked out pretty well. I still have a lot to learn though, and that's one reason that I'm here.

@RichZ, glad to have you here. You've been a big help on the forum.

MartyR

Farm Hand
This was a good idea, @MC.

I'm Martin, but I go by Marty because it's obviously way cooler. My wife and I both work day jobs for the steady pay and benefits, but our heart and soul is in the land. We have a farm stand that we run on Thursdays and on the weekends. We grow and preserve most of our food. We also grow forage for our livestock. We like to stay pretty busy.

Last edited:
Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
Hello everyone! My name is Eden and I'm a florist. I grow most of my own cut flowers and exotic orchids. My husband and I have a friendly and well-behaved son who is adventurous enough to keep us on our toes. We have a menagerie of chickens, goats, cats, and dogs. I love hearing family/home stories, so I look forward to hearing about the rest of you!

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
Great idea for an intro thread, @MC!

My husband, kids, and I are urban homesteaders. We live in a large city, and we do have neighbors, but we have a few acres of land that go behind our house. That's where we grow our fruits and vegetables. We also have hens and goats. I market our fresh produce and eggs through the local CSA. My husband and I also run a stall at the farmers market through the summer months.