Power washing

BarkerB

BarkerB

Farm Hand
We just finished power washing a lot of our equipment (combine, tractors). It's all part of winter preparation. We are checking the logs and getting things scheduled for maintenance.

How do you winterize your equipment?

The Big Cowhuna

The Big Cowhuna

Golden Chicken
Well, I live in Texas so it's not really necessary to do much formal winterizing. I start things up once a month, but that's about it.

ARC55

ARC55

Farm Hand
I switch my diesel to winter diesel and keep a check on my fluids. I also deploy tarps if need be to keep critters from sleeping inside my machinery.

Shelbii

Shelbii

Farm Hand
We are looking at all the maintenance logs to see what needs to be done. We do power wash all the equipment, twice a year. My husband says it keeps it newer longer. I guess that makes sense to me too.

jack

jack

Farm Hand
When winter is around the corner, we give priority to structures that house livestock. We check for rusty or broken equipment and either clean, repair, or get rid of them. A review of the roof will involve checking for leaks and also cleaning out the gutters.

MichaelS

MichaelS

Farm Hand
That's smart Jack. It's better to be proactive instead of reactive. We do this too, we also do power washing our equipment. We don't use the tractors as much in the winter.