Preventing farm injuries

baloyi

baloyi

Farm Hand
We've ensured that there is fencing around any open water and all manure pits. Anyone operating any farm equipment or machinery is required to remove the keys when not in use. Children also frequently get educated on the hazardous areas and materials on the farm. Which methods do you use?

Birdie

Golden Chicken
We've made sure that everyone knows the basics of first aid and we have several first aid kits spaced throughout the area. I hope they're never needed of course.

Pinewood Acres

Pinewood Acres

Farm Hand
I factor it in as a portion of their bonus. I also reward workers fairly regularly when the collective has been X amount of days without an injury. I've wondered though whether that simply keeps people from reporting it when they've been hurt. I've checked around, and that doesn't seem to be the case, but it's something to be concerned about. What do you guys think?

leon

leon

Golden Chicken
I think it starts with having a positive culture around the farm. Once everyone is on the same page, it becomes easier to work and avoid injuries. We observe the simple safety measures and stick reminders at various locations.