Combines Problems Starting a 9190 Deutz

Charlie

I've tried putting a magnetic electric heater on the oil pan of my DX 140. It won't heat cold oil, but does seem to keep a little heat in the oil if you put it on after using the tractor. Hasn't really helped at real cold temperatures.

tbran

If you are close to AC power outlet we have many customers who simply run a 100w rough service bulb via drop light inside the cooling chamber. One can run this bulb all year for the price of a heater one day. leave the drop light in all winter. Won't hurt a thing. We have found a plastic one works better. The heat from this inside the chamber works wery well. I have never tried it in a 513c, might need two.

the_odd_machine

We also had 89 ,9190 that had glow plugs then removed and put either kit on it.It seemed like if below 30 out it would not start.We finally sold tractor .Was not bad tractor if would start and turn shorter.like we said we know why it was $20,000 cheaper then deere and case.Took a real beating on it when sold it 1750hrs and got $37,500 and had every option you could get on it.

mike

Brent, We also own a 9190 and it seems like when it gets around 35 degrees it wants to start hard also. It has the automatic ether sys. installed and does the trick, but we have found that sometimes it gives it a shot when not necessary and this is not good, so we have resorted to manually spraying a little shot in the air intake after we have cranked it over a little and it will fire right off. It also has 110V grid but we have never tried it. To sum it up I would say that they start up between a 9675, Nav.530 perfect to 7080, 426 liberal ether., Good luck, Mike

T__langan

Along with the other suggestions, check your oil pan for a round plug - besides the drain plug, that is! If it has it, you can get an oil heater from AGCO parts that screws right in there. I have one on my 7085 - works good. Tom langan

T__langan

BTW, consider yourself lucky that all it takes is a light bulb, a little either, or an oil heater to get the beast running! I helped a guy out once that had a 4640 Deere - had two battery chargers on it, block heater plugged in, and two Knipco heaters up on sawhorses blowing on both sides of the engine to get it started on a +15F day! I thought he as going to melt his transformer trying to get his Deere started that day! lOl!! Tom langan

Ilnewholland

Brent, I have two 9190's (1989 and 1991) and the older one will start down to 20 and the newer one is hard to start at 40. They both have about 2500 hours on them. I just spary some ether in the intake and they fire right up. They have to be the best riding tractor ever made. Ilnewholland

l3

I've got a 9150 and I installed a heating element in the air chamber. I bought it at the agco dealer but I think it might have been designed for the smaller tractors. I have tried heating the oil too with magnetic and dipstick heaters, but it is too much oil for those kind of heaters. Warming up the oil would make it crank easier, but warming up those jugs is what makes it fire right up.

mo_farm

Throw a tarp over the hood and blow a space heater under it for 15 or 20 minutes. Usually does the trick on my 9650. Also good batteries are a must but I suspect you already know that.