Combines Question for the experts

JOGE

I can't claim to be an expert but 650 hrs. isn't many for a 95. Every thing should

ruben

I had a 12 row cornhead on a 96 r62 had no problems at all with it we had the air cooled motor to.We had to have the hydrolics turned up it wouldn't lift the 12 row corn head.The dealer told us we should install larger cylinders but we were only trying it for a year.You will need alot of trucks to keep the grain away.

STRAWBOSS

HOWS ABOUT A GOOD 410 MASSEYIJ THAT'D WORK TOO WOUlDN'T ITIJ

t_leslie

the largest cylinders are a must... we installed a 12r30 on a 94 with the small cylinders and she didn't want to doit............She'd lift about two inches to get it off the trailer and she dropped fast. We traded cylinders off one of our other combines and she lifted it with no problem.

Dan

I don't know how handily you get your acres harvested with what you have now but if your machine is stock without feeder shocks or extended cylinder bars you could expect quite an improvement with a few upgrades. Was it the size of the head that limited your capacityIJ Shouldn't be to much to do with them few hours unless you have rocks, edible beans, or abrasive crops. I would check chain tentions, zero out concave, check and or turn chopper or impeller blades, check helical height if they are not chromed, change all oils and filters, align main drive and hydro belts, check retaining hardware for tention, set intake and exhaust valves, blow out engine and coolers, check pulley and gear setscrews. More or less just grab your book and start at the front and work your way to the rear. You may just find one thing that could hold you up this harvest but that would be worth it. As far as upgrades I allready mentioned the shocks and extended bars but don't forget about third helical extention, removing wires from grates, reverse cylinder bar removal, half height cylinder bars. If you have any specific questions when you are going threw her just ask. Have a good one.

Illinois_Gleaner

Ibran, I've got a 8-30 hugger that I would like to trade

CDog

Another thing to check on the air cooled diesel is the cooling fan. I had my cooling fan gearbox go out and also, the fan blades get wore from the abbrasive chaff dust. Another thing to check would be the injection pump. The main reason that Gleaner went from Duetz to Cummins was because of the injection pump problems. The engines, to meet standards had to run hotter in order to reduce the harmful emissions. This in turn caused the govonor springs spring constant to change due to the extra heat. On my machine this would cause the engine to pulsate and then the main drive belt would start jumping real bad and eventually would jump off. The new R-62 comes with a 285 HP engine, up from 260 HP and has a lot of other small feature updates that make it a lot better combine.